Employment & Career Opportunities
Would you like to join forces with us in impacting lives for Christ? Do you desire to help your fellow neighbor find a better life for themselves and their family? Contact Ministries staff members are a dedicated group of people striving to serve others during their time of need.
Shortening periods of homelessness –and preventing homelessness from reoccurring—can be achieved in many ways. When joining our team you bring your experiences, strengths, education and passions to a place where there is no limit to the impact you can have on someone’s life.
If you would like to help Contact Ministries provide homeless women –and women with children—in our community with the shelter, safety and support they need to successfully sustain stable, independent, and permanent housing be sure to review the open positions listed on our website today, and often, as new and different opportunities are posted on a regular basis.
The Contact Ministries Mission:
To daily serve the greater Springfield community by providing Emergency and Transitional Shelter with life skills and training, as well as food, clothing, financial assistance and referrals through Christ’s love and compassion.
Position: Shelter Worker
Hours: Evenings, weekends or overnights
Location: 1100 East Adams, Springfield IL 62703
Job Description: Supervise residents in the Emergency Shelter and assist with all activities, including resident intakes, bed checks, evening meal preparation laundry, ensure security and confidentiality.
Responsibilities: The essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a safe, supportive environment within the shelter and surrounding facility.
- Monitor facility to maintain safety of clients and the shelter space.
- Assist our clients with shelter routines.
- Support clients in understanding and abiding by all shelter procedures.
- Help clients work through conflict with others living in the shelter.
- Keep shelter clean, restock supplies, and complete shelter laundry.
- Communicate observations and interactions with clients to Shelter case manager and shelter management through documentation in our daily log.
- Set-up meals, that abide by all food safety guidelines.
- Intervene in client crises under the direction of shelter management.
- Complete documentation for meal donations, and as needed, for client reporting.
- Assist with the maintenance, organization & cleaning of our facility.
- Treat clients in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Adhere to organization policy, procedures and professional code of ethics.
- Complete all duties as assigned and additional duties as required.
- Participate in program, department and organization meetings and relevant trainings as required, as well as inter-organizational groups that provide assistance and advocacy to homeless women.
Requirements: Experience in Social Services preferred but not mandatory. Must be 21+, High School Diploma. Flexible, patient and a heart for working with people. Dependable transportation. Dependable childcare where applicable.
How To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Contact Ministries to request an application for the Shelter Worker position.