OUR FAITHFUL FRIENDS
Contact Ministries is truly blessed to have the support and committed partnerships with each of the following churches:
Contact Ministries is blessed to not have to take any state or federal funding for our emergency shelter and little state and federal funding for our transitional shelter. This is thanks to the generous support of direct donors, various grants and from community partners dedicated to helping us continue to offer safety and support to the women and children of our community that need it the most.
EMPLOYMENT & EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES PARTNERS
Contact Ministries works to develop great relationships with many other service based agencies in an effort to better provide a variety of services for our residents. The following are some of the businesses and organizations that will work with our residents to help start them on the path to success:
Lawrence Education Center
Abundant Faith Christian Center’s Haven House
Capitol Community Health Care
Community Child Care Connection
Fishes and Loaves
Illinois Department of Human Services
Inner City Mission
Mental Health Centers of Illinois
Sojourn Shelter and Services, Inc.
Sangamon County Department of Community Resources
Springfield Urban League
Informational and Guides to Off-Site Services
Contact Ministries offers brochures and resource guides to programs and services our clients are in need of. Clients can receive assistance in finding the proper resource agency needed to help them obtain the services they are seeking.
Frequently Requested Services
- Transportation Assistance
- Illinois Head Start Association
- Illinois Department of Human Services
- Illinois Association of Community Action Agencies:
- Supportive Housing
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – help with groceries.
- Illinois Link Card – The Illinois Link card provides cash and SNAP benefits electronically.
- Medical Programs – free or reduced-cost medical care.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – cash for pregnant women and families with one or more dependent child.
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) – extra nutrition for pregnant women, their babies and small children.